Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Scared to Sacred

A couple of weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be part of a lunch and learn with Reb Mimi Feigelson. I had never met her, had 42 other things to do at work, and yet something pulled me in to the learning.  She was/is an incredible teacher and I am grateful for the experience of learning with her.
The Jewish Federation's The Board of Rabbis monthly Leaders on Leadership program brings a wide variety of Rabbis and some non-Jewish religious leaders to share their thoughts about leadership and professional development.  

She said so many things that struck me and that I felt I needed to hear.  I really felt as though I was in the right place at the right time.  Here are some of the gems.

"Our souls don’t forget what our eyes see."  This beautiful saying gave me a great sense of comfort.  It reminds me of those memories that pop in out of the blue and somehow are connected to the moment I am experiencing.   Or people who you meet years later and are instantly connected by the experience you shared years before.  

"Scared to Sacred." This simple phrase struck me like lightening.  As Reb Feigelson began to describe the essence of the journey and the subtle change of two letter to make a dramatic difference in the meaning of the word, I had a sense of clarity that I had been longing for over since the beginning of the year.  This small phrase gave me an understanding of how my own anxious moments have been transformed into some my most holy and spiritual moments.  This feels right.  This makes sense.  Many experiences take us to the next level.  Big or small, they are often accompanied by fear and anxiety.  With meditation, I have learned to walk through the fear and anxiety and even channel some of that energy to excitement and joy. 

Thank you Reb Mimi Feigelson for such a transformative hour and thank you G-d for putting me in the right place at the right time.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week and that you hear things as you need to and maybe even get struck by lightening (spiritually). 









No comments:

Post a Comment