Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My New Perspective

Every time I walk to and from shul, I pass by this tree.  Last week, as I was walking home from shul, I was taken by the power and strength of the tree and noticed how beautifully it leans toward the sky. I wondered why after 10 years of passing by this tree, on this day, it made me stop and say, "Wow."




Almost four weeks ago, I began a new job that I love.  I was promoted to a new position and now weeks later, I am finding that this organization I have worked so hard for these past 8 years (and 5 years before that with a 3 year break), looks slightly different.  I am taking what I know and looking at it with a new perspective.  It is exhilarating, refreshing and my brain is bursting with ideas.  

As I was preparing for a presentation, I used this photo to illustrate the point that my experience allows me the comfort of walking right in with no fear and using that same experience to bring a new set of eyes to this area of the organization.

Trees could be symbols for so much.  Today, it represents my hope to balance a solid foundation plus reaching high to accomplish big goals.  I have a plaque in my office that was given to me from a friend that reads, "Think Big, Dream Big."  Seeing this tree reminds me that dreams take time and we need to nurture those seeds of change and inspiration in order to reap the benefits of what is to come. 

Enjoy my tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment