Saturday, February 4, 2012

Jewish Meditation - I'm in the right place at the right time

February 4 - I started my day with Meditation Plus which is a beautiful combination of Jewish Meditation and text study. There are about 12 of us (all but one were women) today. We are led by Rabbi Ruth Sohn, a thoughtful teacher who guides us to share our personal stories as they relate to the meditation and weekly text. I am new at this so I am both excited and anxious when I arrive in class because sitting still for 30 minutes sounds like a big deal and yet, somehow it is exactly what I what I need right now in my life. Following the meditation, we study a piece of this week's Torah portion. In the hour, I am touched by the honesty and sincerity of everyone's comments and their willingness to share in the group. In addition, I find myself deeply moved by studying ancient text which is applicable to our life right now. The search for deeper and thoughtful learning has begun. I am blessed with a wonderful husband, two amazing kids and family and friends who enrich my life. I want more. I want to learn more and give more. I am excited about this journey because I am not alone.

Thanks for listening and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment