Thursday, February 9, 2012

Which day of the week do you like?

I think my favorite day might be Wednesday, maybe because this week, my Wednesday was great. It was one of those “things are going my way” days. Let’s talk about the other days and see what I discover.

Sunday – Except for the day I got married and the day my son was born, Sundays are usually very depressing. I am usually carrying on some internal battle to be productive, to get out of the house, or to accomplish something and almost always, I am only counting the minutes until Monday morning.

Monday – I love Mondays, it is like a rebirth every week. I think it is my most creative day of the week. I dream big on Monday. I wake up Monday mornings raring to go. Mondays are also my day for tennis which might be why I love it so much.

Tuesday – This is another pretty good day of the week. I like how it sounds – Toooooooooosday. Say it, it’s fun. I feel like a lot of good things happen on a Tuesday. I don’t have any statistics, but I feel like it.

Wednesday – This is one of the best days of the week because it is right in the middle. Psychologically, we are halfway to the weekend so no matter what you made it half way. I have survived two days and now I have only two to go until the weekend.

Thursday – I also like Thursday. There is always good television on Thursday nights. It is the day you get to take a deep breath and relax because tomorrow is Friday. I also find this is usually a very productive day for me because I always think that I have to get everything done today because you never know what will happen on Friday.

Friday – This is supposed to be a really good day, but I find this day to be one of the most anxious days of the week. I have to do my weekly report, which means I have to review with myself to see what I have accomplished from when I dreamt big on Monday. I have to prepare our Shabbat dinner or make some plans for Shabbat. I will say that I usually have the best night sleep on Friday night knowing that Saturday is my day to relax.

Saturday – Definitely, Saturday has become my favorite day of the week. A few weeks ago, I began meditating at synagogue and now I just love it. I look forward to getting up, walking to shul and being part of such a beautiful spiritual community. And it just sets the tone for the entire week.

Sorry other days, for now Saturday is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment