Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Just Some of My Favorite Sayings

This Too Shall Pass – Everyone should live by this. When things are great, remember it can be fleeting so appreciate the moment. When you are struggling, take a deep breath, hold on and know that with time, things will change. This saying reminds you to be humble when you should and gives you hope when you need.

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished – You know that feeling when you have really good intentions and somehow it gets misconstrued? This doesn’t stop me from doing good deeds and now I even get a good laugh about it. It doesn’t happen all the time, but when it does, my friends and I now take a moment to say this out loud and have a great laugh.

People are Weird – I am not saying this in a mean way. I simply use this to stop myself from overanalyzing why people do things that I cannot explain. So picture this, my friends and I are sitting around trying to figure out why he said this or she did that. Sometimes we can sit for hours rehashing and dissecting everything someone said or did and frankly, I don’t really enjoy that anymore. So in order to stop myself from over-thinking and criticizing someone else’s behavior, I say, “People are weird” to notify those that I am speaking to that the discussion is now over. It frees us up to move on to talk about something new.

I never really thought of myself as someone who had sayings until I noticed that I naturally referred to these. I found comfort in them and they seemed to explain things that were happening in my life. Think about the sayings that help explain your life and hold onto them because words bring great comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment