Saturday, March 17, 2012

Seeing Messages In My Dreams

My dreams have always helped me during difficult times. Once, after I had broken up with a boyfriend, I was feeling terrible. After weeks of feeling bad, I had this very intense dream where we had one final fight. In the dream I screamed and yelled at him and said everything that I had held in for weeks. When I woke up in the morning, I felt a wonderful release as if we had actually had the fight. Since he lived in another state, I knew that we would never actually have a final conversation. It was very healing and I was glad that I remembered everything when I woke up.

So last night, I had one of those dreams that felt so real that you remember specific details. In the dream, someone wanted me to go right, but I wanted to go left. I told my friend that if we go left, we have to make two lefts to get to our corner, and if we go right, we only have to make one right, but we will end up at the same destination. In my life right now, I feel that many people want me to go their way or follow their directions. However, now I am finding the confidence to travel my own journey even if it means I have to take a few more turns.

Dreams can be powerful, comforting, scary, funny, boring and healing. I like to think of my dreams as messages to myself. Sometimes it is the best time to listen to the truth I know in my heart. Be open to the messages. You might learn something about yourself.

Sweet dreams…

No comments:

Post a Comment