Friday, March 16, 2012

Why Can't We Fix the World

In all the different countries in the world, will poverty always exist? If there is an opportunity to make money, do we as humans naturally give in to that desire? With all the geniuses in the world, why can’t the great minds of our countries come together to solve the world’s problems? With all the wealth in the world, why is it that the disparity of the poor and the rich are so wide? And finally with all the poverty and sickness in the world, why are people still fighting about reproductive rights and who some can love and marry?

These are my questions and not sure if there are any answers.

Sometimes, questions like this overwhelm me and I am concerned about what life will be like for my children in the next 20-30 years. How are we supposed to make life better for our children’s future when we are not taking care of each other in the present?

There are wonderful organizations doing incredible work to make lives better for those in need – we need to help those organizations so that the world’s problems can be solved. I know it is a ridiculously huge goal, but I can dream, can’t I?

Perhaps I’ll have some easier questions tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment