Sunday, October 14, 2012

Have Hope

From Dictionary.com: the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best.

This word has been on my mind these past few weeks.  As we finished the Jewish holidays and began this weekend, reading the Torah from the beginning, it is clear to me that HOPE is found within, could be inspired by others and lost in a tragic incident. 

I use the word a lot at work:  “I hope you can join us.”  “I hope you feel better.”  I hope my meeting goes well.”  I also use it at home:  “I hope you finished your homework.” “I hope you paid the bill.”  “I hope you are kidding.”  And “I hope you know how much I love you.”

I decided that I really like the word.  Years ago, during a sadder time in my life, I found the word to be very phony.  Whoever used it was not sincere.  I realized that it wasn’t them, it was me.  I was in a dark place and could not listen to anyone offering kindness.

And now as I begin this year of learning, sharing and loving, I am full of hope.  I see goodness in so many and I forgive people for being mean because I think they are really sad.   

I haven’t written New Year resolutions but it might be fitting –
 
·         Hold onto hope.
·         Hold onto love.
·         Hold onto goodness.
·         Hold onto joy.
·         Hold onto each other.
·         Hope to learn.
·         Hope to understand.
·         Love big.
·         Keep the healthy close.
·         Let the unhealthy go.
·         Meditate

Wishing everyone a year filled with love, laughter and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment