Friday, December 21, 2012

Change the Dream, Find Your Spirit

It occurred to me the other day that I have been chasing the wrong dreams.  While society continues to remind me to strive for a better me, I fight the repetition of messages, “Buy new clothes, buy new make-up, look younger, look thinner, be taller, color your hair, straighten your hair, add volume to your hair.”

NO MORE!  I have refocused my dreams to match my energy and spirit.  Working from the inside out, I am putting my energy into my love of family, community and God.  In all three, I see beauty, I see strength, and I see what more I want to do. 
In my new dreams, I am creative and writing to inspire; I am strong and creating solutions with partners; And my faith grows as I continue to meditate and study Torah.

59 days until I turn 50.  As my dreams become clearer, my anxiety lessens, my fear dissipates and my heart soars.  Maybe 50 won’t be so bad.  Looks like I need to plan a party.
As we end 2012, may we all find and follow our dreams in 2013 and beyond.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment