Saturday, January 5, 2013

Courage Inside

In meditation today, our Rabbi asked our group, “In what part of your body do you feel courage?”  I repeated the question several times in my mind knowing that I would want to write about it later.  When I was satisfied that I would remember, I then thought about my answer to the question. 

In what part of my body do I feel courage?  My first thought was my shoulders.  When I am afraid, I straighten my shoulders, stand tall, and brace myself.  What do you do?

Next I thought about my feet.  When I am afraid, I straighten my shoulders, stand tall, brace myself and walk.  My feet force me to walk through the fear and allow me to get safely to the other side.

Heart and Soul.  That is my answer.  When I am afraid, I dig deep down into my heart and soul to find the courage I need.  My heart and soul tells my brain to straighten my shoulders, stand tall, brace myself and walk through my fear.

Where is your courage?  Shabbat Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment