Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day of Truth - I'm now 51

As I sit here the day after my birthday, I realize that the word for 51 is truth.  All masks are gone, pretending is a waste of time.  The weekend was filled with every emotion, highs and lows, transition and stability, joy and sadness, power and powerlessness.

"But you should celebrate," one said to me.  "I can't," I responded, "I am exhausted and my birthday present to myself is to go home, get in my pajamas and order in."  Which I did.

Here is the beauty that bloomed in my home last night.   My son, Elliot (7) made me birthday cupcakes all by himself (seriously, very little help from us).  We ordered in sushi and sat at the table enjoying our favorite food.  

My husband, Perry bought me the box set of ESPN's 30 for 30 - which I am so excited to watch.  If you have seen any of these, they are truly inspiring and thoughtful stories about great moments in sports history.  Love it!  

Next, we remained at the table so the kids can do their homework and I worked on my new Harley Davidson puzzle (thanks to my friend Natalie).   It is a very hard puzzle and every piece I find that matches gives me a great sense of accomplishment.  

My daughter, Maddy (13) shared her favorite music with me - most of which I like.   She also gave me some great insight into her life.  

I read some of Allegiant by Veronica Roth - I'm about half way through and can't wait to find out what happens.

I meditated with some nice music app.

I put the kids to bed.

Went to sleep with the house quiet, a peaceful calm was in the air and at the moment I closed my eyes, I was grateful for the life that I am living.  Good. Bad. Hard. Beautiful. Scary. Joyous. Lucky. Hopeful.  Moments like these are not designed and still have a place in the extraordinary.   Glad it was my birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment