Sunday, February 19, 2012

365 Days Until 50

I love Palm Springs.  I love that when I am here there is no burden of time, no attachment to the clock.  Whenever I am here I am relaxed and feel an incredible sense of ease in all that I do.  Sometimes I wish I could live here all year round, but then it probably would lose the "getaway" feel that I find so precious.  

One of the things I like most about this place is that I do everything according to my own body clock.  I get up when I am ready, I eat when I am hungry, I read, I take a walk, then eat again when I am hungry, read some more, do a puzzle, watch some television and then go to bed when I am tired barely ever looking at a clock.  The only time we looked at the clock this weekend was to make sure that we got to the movies on time.

This has been a wonderful birthday weekend filled with a lot of laughs and great fun with my family and friends.  As it comes to a close, I am grateful for feeling the best I have felt in a long time.  I am choosing faith instead of fear, learning instead of limits and serenity instead of stress. At least these are my goals.

365 days until 50.  Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment