Saturday, February 18, 2012

Charles Phoenix

For my birthday, we went to see Charles Phoenix and his presentation of retro photographs - this one is "Pools, Backyards and Barbecues."  Here are some things I learned today.

1. Charles Phoenix is hilarious even at 10:00am in the morning.  Not really the time for a stand up routine, but it worked and I loved it,  

2. Looking at old photos of other people illicits laughter from the inside.  I was laughing out loud from beginning to end.

3. To see  how much younger we look just one or two generations away from the 60's is incredible.  I have to go back to my family photos to see what my mother looked like at my age now.  I am not sure at what age I thought my parents became old because my parents were always on the go.  I still consider my mother a young energetic grandma and my dad always wanted to go out up until the day he died.  My own grandparents and their peers were always old to me.

I suggest you visit www.charlesphoenix.com to see some great photography and if you ever have the opportunity see him perform, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment