Monday, December 24, 2012

Real Life is Magical

Why?  Does there have to be a reason for everything?  I typically believe that there are no coincidences, everything has meaning.  Why is news delivered on a certain day?  Why do we run into someone we haven’t seen years?  And what do these moments mean to you or to me? 

With New Year’s coming up and my big birthday around the corner, I am torn between knowing for sure that each moment has deeper meaning and not caring what each moment means so I can be fully present to appreciate it.  Even as I write this on Christmas Eve, I wonder what magic is happening to all the families celebrating the holiday.  I know that real life can be magical and it is all up to us to bring joy and comfort to those who need it.  And for us the magic happens when we are alone and in despair and those we need show up to comfort us.

When you can, help those in need.  When you are struggling, let those who love you help.

And that is the meaning of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment