Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Take a Drive - Find a Solution

Life has problems; I can’t get away from them.  One way I deal with them is to think of solutions with no drama.  Driving a car is a great metaphor for solving a problem.  Here are some ways to find solutions.
  • Go straight through and don’t look back.  This is the fastest way to deal with it.
  • Go slow and be careful.  Watch where you are going and adjust to the situation as it progresses.
  • Ride the turns and don’t let them make you sick.
  • Stop when you need to take a rest.
  • If you don’t know what direction to go, then don’t go any further.  I once got great advice, “If you don’t know what decision to make, then don’t make it.  Either the answer will come to you or the universe will work it out for you.”  I always loved that advice.
  • Love the car you have and don’t compare to others.  Another great piece of advice I was given once was this – “You can always compare your life to someone else’s.  Someone will always be richer, poorer, happier, sadder, thinner, fatter, taller or shorter.  Cherish what you have.    
I don’t have it all figured out, but I do like to drive.  When I need to think, there is nothing like a long drive to help me process my thoughts.  It is peaceful, relaxing and rejuvenating at the same time.  A change of scenery allows me to see my problems from a new perspective. 

Wishing you ease in finding solutions…

No comments:

Post a Comment